Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Just Do It

Maybe it was the trip to the Nike store yesterday, but when I realized I hadn't yet chucked and blogged today, my solution was, "Just do it."

No, not immediately.  If I were that good, I would never have gotten myself into this mess. 

First, I panicked.  It went something like this:
  • Oh, no!  I'll never get to bed!
  • I'll be up all night because I told my family I would get this pile of junk out of the dining room tonight.
  • I've failed.
  • Wait, I only have to get rid of one thing.
  • That thing could be a piece of paper.  Surely, I can find a piece of paper to get rid of.
  • That's dumb.  I can't blog that.  I recycle paper every day.
  • OK, I'll just clean up this pile of children's books.
  • Darn.  Half of them are French so I can't let go of them yet, and half of them are English so they are going to my nephews.  It doesn't really count if I can only get them as far as the front hall closet to await my next trip to see them.
  • The front hall closet!  It's full of stuff I've been trying to find homes for!  All I have to do is pick one thing, decide where it's going, and PUT IT IN MY CAR so it has a reasonable chance of getting there!
That's when I finally got to, just do it.  Just get rid of one thing.  Doing turned into more doing and I recorded several items on itsdeductible.com to drop off tomorrow.  They didn't get to my car, but they are at the front door. 

Every one of those items is something I already decided some time ago to get rid of, and didn't.  Why?  Because I seem to want all of my things to have a "soft landing."  I feel like it needs to go to a good home, or I need to get money for it, or something purposeful.  I don't want to put myself down here-- it is absolutely my intention to love myself through this-- but seriously?!  I'm not putting babies up for adoption. 

Speaking of babies, one of the items that is FINALLY leaving the house is a diaper bag.  My "babies" are starting the 4th and 7th grades!  I feel like I just smacked myself upside the head for holding on to that so long.  Wait, my feelings are hurt.  Now I have to hug me a few times and tell me I was just teasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment